Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Almost Everything...

Who would have thought that I could have an epiphany driving across the nothing that is most of southern Wyoming, but I did that very thing just this past week...here's what happened-

This past weekend I went to Casper with my mom, dad and little sister Heather. We had a great time with my sister Teri and her family watching conference, eating good food and just enjoying the all-around merriment, but I digress.

While we were driving near Rawlins or something like that, we were talking about the movie Goonies, which is set in Astoria, Oregon. Once upon a time, I applied for a job there and even had an interview, but ended up not going. I made some comment about having almost moved there. Then it hit me, I have almost done a whole lot more than what I have actually done. I don't know why I almost do everything- I guess I am afraid of what might happen, afraid that I have way more important things to spend my money on, responsibilities to other people, etc.

Among other things, I have almost done the following:

-Moved to Astoria, Oregon
-Gone on several trips to Europe
-Written a book (I have started a few)
-Read a 1,000 page book
-Gotten married

Well, no more. I am tired of almost doing everything. I am resolving to actually do things when I decide to- if I want to go to Europe, I am going to go to Europe. If I want to write a book, I am going to write a book. I have too much talent, ambition and intellegence to waste it on almost doing things.

And that is all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

Erin L said...

2 things:

1. You go girl!

2. Don't forget all you have done. You have an article in the Ensign, you have a master's degree, and you are quickly becoming the favorite Aunt. You rock!

Jennifer said...

Shari Phippen!
I didn't know you had a blog. I am glad you commented on Holly's so I could find yours. It is fun keeping up with everyone's lives. How are you liking Oregon? Sounds like you have been busy.

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow I need to go back to school and learn to read properly somehow I read it as you had moved to Oregon.

Theurer Clan said...

Hello Shari! Found you through Emily. Yay! If you do go to Europe, take me with you and let me go visit mi madre! I miss you! We need to talk! We cut back on our cell minutes mucho mucho so I probably won't call you until the weekends. I love ya, I hope all is well. Email me at lynsi.theurer@gmail.com and I'll invite you to view our blog. It's so fun to connect with you. I agree with Erin, look at all the things you have done. You're amazing my friend!

Sunshine Promises said...

When did you write an article in the Ensign! Tell me the month and I'll look it up! You go girl!

Thanks so much for your kind comments on our blog. I am a bit overwhelmed right now (Ashton is only 8 months old) but I know the Lord has a plan for our family and am grateful that He trusts me to fulfill it.

Love you, my friend! When can I see you?

Jean Bean said...

Amen, sister! You have WAY too much BEAUTY and WIT and SMARTS to not go out there and achieve it. You are incredible...and you have already done so much.