Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Do-Over

I would like a do-over. We get those once in a while, right?

Okay, so here's why....let's call him Stitch. Stitch and I were set up a couple of months ago. It was awesome! Many of you have heard many of the details that have followed: much chatting, an attempt at a follow-up date, initiated by me, which was thwarted by a surgery (him, not me), wrestling back and forth on whether or not to send him anything while recuperating (I opted to not), taking a second chance on a follow-up date, which was wildly successful, more chances for socialization, awesome adventures on Halloween, etc.

Okay, so here's why I want a partial re-do. Last Saturday, some of Stitch's friends and I went to a play and then went to a friend's house for some tasty nachos and Toy Story 3. I texted him (don't worry, most of our conversations are not texting, just social invites, etc.) to see if he wanted to come and play with us. He was not able to because he was very sick. We communicated on and off for the next 3 hours. I offered to take ihm some sustenance to help with his ills, but he said he was okay.

Well, I don't really buy that people don't need anything when they are sick, so I took him some soup on Monday. It was great, we had an excellent 15 minutes of conversation (he had to go, for realzies). He was cute and I wanted to grab his face and kiss it.

I also knew I would see him again during the week- he had left part of his costume at another friend's house and I happen to bo by this friend's house every day on my way to/from work. Now, not wanting to seem too eager, I decided to wait a couple of days to take him the costume stuff (Stitch was a beloved Disney character, I was a beautiful character in the same story (sort of)).

So, towards the end of the day yesterday, I sent him a text, just to make sure he was going to be home so I could take them by. This is what was supposed to happen:

-Stitch was supposed to be going home after work.
-I was going to take the costume stuff by.
-He was going to invite me in and we would have many minutes of witty conversation and flirty bantering type talk.
-At some point in the conversation, it was going to get brought up that I have tickets to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional (I know it is 3 weeks away, but it's one of those things you plan on in advance).
-I was then going to see if Stitch wanted to go with, which he would.
-Stitch would then spend the rest of the night thinking "Holy cow! This girl is awesome! I need to marry her instantly!"

But, this is what actually happened:

-Stitch stayed lake at work.
-I dropped the costume stuff off on his front step. However, I did leave a note relating to the beloved Disney characters with the costume stuff.

I'm sure at some point in the next couple of weeks, I will get another chance to see Stitch and talk to him about the Christmas Devotional. However, I would much prefer that the first scenario had happened. Can I have a do-over?

1 comment:

Leisa said...

To bad.I hate when great expectations are shattered. We all could use do overs sometimes.