Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Honey

Okay, admit it- you probably saw the title of this and thought "Holy cow, Shari has finally landed herself a man."  Not today friends, not today.  There are a couple men who have my fancy in varying degrees, but I am as far off from a relationship as ever.  This is actually about honey and it is something I have been ruminating on consistently for the past several days.

A few months ago, a couple of days after speaking in stake conference, I got a phone call from my friend TF.  She called and asked if she and her husband could come over.  I thought to myself "What could they possibly want?  They are too awesome to just come over for a chat.  They must need a favor and know I would do it."  TF and her husband, also TF, knocked on my door a few minutes later, with a jar of honey in their hands and a card.  I invited them in, but they were going to be out and about on a walk, so they went on their way.

This is what the card said:
  
Sometimes, it takes us a while to accept the plan He has for each of us, but like you, I have come  to find the joy He has also planned.  Last fall, my husband bought a second beehive but accidentally killed them while moving it.  He was sick over it and yes, it was a couple hundred dollar loss.  BUT, he quickly saw the good of the situation and said "Let's harvest the honey!"  This honey reminds me that life doesn't always turn out as planned, but it can still be sweet!

I think I will keep the jar of honey on a still as yet unpurchased shelf with my tea sets as a reminder of the potential and goodness of life, even in the midst of trials and uncertainty. 

Life is sweet friends, life is sweet.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a thoughtful reminder, one each of us could use. Love those TFs. Thanks for sharing.