So, today is my birthday- I am 31 years experienced. I remember when I was little and thinking about how old I would be in the year 2000 and realizing that I would be 23 and thinking that was soooooooooo old! And now here it is 8 years later and I do not feel old- just more experienced.
My birthday was not just a day- it was an experience that had bits and pieces stretched over 3 days. Sunday birthdays are difficult when you are LDS and regard Sunday as something more than just another day. Living in Utah, I got last Thursday off as a paid holiday for Pioneer Day. Plus, we get a paid holiday for our birthdays at work, so I decided to use Friday as my paid holiday and had another 4 day weekend. I headed home Wednesday night as soon as I got out of my meeting. Let me just say that my car is now coated with 2.3 inches of bugs from driving at night through farmland. Thursday was a lot of this and that- sleeping in, playing with my sister and her cute babies. Friday, my brother and his family came over- his wife and kids have been in town from Iowa all summer while he has been in Maryland playing Army, but he was in town for a week. We had a great birthday bbq- kebabs (thanks to Mom for pointing out that you cannot have rice kebabs when I said that you can kebab anything!), yummy salads and red velvet cupcakes for my birthday cake! I highly recommend finding Paula Deen's red velvet cupcake recipe. So, so, so good! Saturday I went shopping with Mom and Heather- fun times! I found my birthday outfit, which, thanks to some thrifty shopping, consisted of a new dress, strappy sandals, earrings, a necklace and a chunky bracelet. Stacey & Clinton would be so proud of me- I chose turqoise/teal shoes & accessories to go with my black & white dress. Plus the whole ensemble has circles on each piece.
This weekend was also spent watching a lot of movies. My brief review of each of the shows we watched:
1. The Bucket List- two big thumbs up! I laughed, I cried, I was moved. However, for those of delicate ears, Jack Nicholson has a potty mouth, so don't watch it if swearing really bothers you.
2. 27 Dresses- a good lighthearted comedy. I don't know that I would own it or even watch it again, but that is mostly because some parts of it hit a little too close to home for me. I will say, though, that I love James Marsden- he is so dang cute!
3. Sydney White- so, so cute! It's a retelling of Snow White starring Amanda Bynes- she does a lot of those type shows. I like most everything she is in. Plus, the Prince Charming character makes me want to melt. It's kind of all about embracing your inner dork.
4. Penelope- loved everything about it! Totally clean movie- no swearing or other unsavory elements. It's also one that hits close to home- it's about loving and living despite your physical imperfections. Highly recommended for anyone and everyone. Plus, James McEvoy is a celebrity crush, and he is cuter than cute in the show.
This morning, since I figured I was going to have to come home to Logan anyways, I came down early and went to a baby blessing. My cousin Lu and her husband Andrew blessed their baby Cole. The blessing was beautiful and we had a great lunch with family and friends afterwards.
All in all, I had a great birthday experience! Thanks to everyone who called/emailed/texted, etc. I love you all!
3 comments:
Happy birthday! Glad to hear it was a good weekend. I hope to see your new outfit at Jack's blessing next weekend.
Happy Birthday? Where you home on sunday cause we were at mitch and hollys this is mitchs sister
ITs your cousin chelsea. I thought I would pitch in and say I also watched Penelope and Sydnie White this past weekend and I loved them both! I think they are both adorable. I'm glad we are on the same page with those! Happy Birthday...late as it is
Post a Comment