
I know it's been a while since I updated- life has been mostly just work, temple and such. I almost bought myself a trip to Ireland last week- if I could have found a friend to go with me, I totally would have, but it was a little too much to go alone. I am getting ready to speak in Hyde Park next week, have sharing time tomorrow for Primary, and have to speak in church the day after I speak in Hyde Park, and of course, it is on a totally different subject. Good times!
This week, as I'm sure many others have done, I have been thinking about the economic stimulus package. I have fairly mixed emotions. Fundamentally, it doesn't make sense to me. I don't pretend to know how to fix the economy- that kind of stuff is way over my head. I know it neds fixed and I know it needs done sooner rather than later. But $787 billion dollars? Where does the money come from? It seems like my kids, grandkids, future generations, etc. are going to have to pay for it. If the government can just make more money to fix the economy then what value does the money actually have? People aren't going to change their fiscal philosophies if they can just get bailed out.
I guess it just seems like a parent giving more lunch money to their kid who blows their weekly lunch money on pop rocks.
4 comments:
That's a good analogy. Its kinda how I feel about the whole thing...
I want some pop rocks...
hmmmmmm pooooooop rocks!
Verdad, verdad, verdad! True, true, true! I totally agree. How about instead of vacationing to Ireland, we all move there until psycho paths are no longer running our country! I can't wait to hear how your big talk goes! Good luck!
Post a Comment