So, this morning started off by oversleeping 2+ hours! On days when I work at the temple, I normally get up at 4:00 so I can be out the door at 5:25 and at the temple, dressed and ready for a little preparation meeting at 6:00. Well, this morning, I was laying in bed, enjoying the sunlight that was starting to come in the window- but wait, no matter what time of year it is, sunlight is not supposed to be coming in the window at 4:00 a.m.! So, I grabbed my alarm clock (which is also my cell phone) and read that it was 6:10! With a mighty "OH, CRAP!", I jumped out of bed, washed face, brushed teeth, sort of combed my hair, threw on a dress, went sans nylons (if you know me, that is kind of a big deal- it's just how I roll), pasted on a little makeup, put on deoderant and was inside the temple by 6:31. I frantically looked for who I needed to speak with, all the while even more mortified because I was supposed to give the spiritual thought in our preparation meeting this morning. But, I got through it all and am now at work, busy (as you can tell) and life is good, despite my embarrassment. Note to self: If you're going to use your cell phone as an alarm clock, make sure you have not turned all the sounds on the phone off, otherwise you will not ever hear the alarm, no matter how good your hearing!
I'm not 100% positive why I titled this "My Priorities" but waking up so late did get me thinking about a few things. I love reading. I love riding my bike. I love taking walks around my neighborhood during the summer and talking to my neighbors in their yards and on their porches. I love taking time to make myself a good dinner. But it seems like lately, between having to go to bed early when I have to get up for the temple and the stresses I have been going through at work, all those things I love have gone by the wayside. If I have a meeting at night and the temple the next day, I have no time for anything else in my day, including sometimes cleaning up after myself, which is why there is currently last night's pizza still sitting on the stove. My house is not a mess, that's not what I mean to say, but it just seems like I haven't had a lot of time lately for the little things I love.
I am starting to wonder if everything I have going on is getting in the way of having a social life and doing those things I like to do that are good for my sanity. I don't know that anything is to be done about it- all things in their season, right?
3 comments:
If you ever find the answer, pass it on! You are amazing, by the way.
That explains it, Mitch and I were awake and laying in bed thinking that we should probably get up when we heard your door fly open and you run up the stairs. Mitch said "Is Shari late for the temple or really early for work?" We weren't quite sure.
Oh man, Sheri, I love you so much! Your creative writing style is just to die for!!! I know what you mean about priorities. I hope you do get some time to talk to neighbors on porches, those sort of things do keep us sane. Love you so much.
Post a Comment