Okay, maybe not so much. But it has been a very long time since I have blogged- not for lack of things happening mind, I just didn't.
Thing 1- my anxiety is doing okay. I still worry waaaaayyyyy to much, but counseling has been going well so far and I haven't had any more middle of the night panic attacks. I find that when I keep myself busy, I don't worry as much. And I do much better sleeping in my own bed under my own roof in a room that is not very warm.
Thing 2- I went to Boston in April for work! It was a grand time. The American Planning Association had its national conference there and I talked my boss into sending me. I went a couple of days before the conference started and visited Fenway Park, Harvard (pretty sure I was the least intelligent person within a 5 mile radius of campus) and walked the Freedom Trail, which included stops at the Old North Church, USS Constitution, Bunker Hill, the site of the Boston Massacre and many other varied and cool things. I rode a water taxi/ferry thing. I ate amazing Italian food (prompted by a cute old Italian grandpa who told me to come into his house and he'd treat me like family and cook for me- who could resist?). I tried crab cakes for the first time- yummo! If you're ever in Boston, you must try Legal Seafood. So, so, so tasty. I also had corned beef & cabbage at this really fun Irish pub. The only reason I left food on my plate is because if I had eaten any more, I would have exploded and who wants to clean that up? I learned some good things to and met some neat people at the conference.
Thing 3- I don't know if any of you watch The Amazing Race, but I have gotten hooked on it- I was disappointed that Zev & Justin or Gary & Mallory didn't win, but oh well, a girl can't have it all. If you've not ever watched it, you should- it is good times!
Thing 4- the most exciting thing! For once in my life, I said "hang practicality" and I'm going to Europe in 10 days! A friend is going to Belgium and Germany for work and invited me to go along. I'll meet her in Belgium, play for a few days, then I'm taking a train (can I get a woot woot!?) from Belgium to Germany and we'll be in Germany for a few days. I'm beyond thrilled to use my passport. I have been formulating a packing list for about 10 days. It will be good for my heart, even if it's not good for my pocketbook. A girl can only live once though, right?
So, I will have a basquillion pictures to post when I get back from Europe and probably will gain that many pounds just from eating chocolate and pastry. But I am so excited to go have this kind of adventure!
3 comments:
Going to Europe. The watch Leap Year if you haven't very fun, very chic flick, quite clean and one of my faves. Glad to hear things are on an upswing. Love you!
Love the Amazing Race!!! I was really sad for Zev/Justin & Gary/Mallory! They were two of my favorites!! And the cowboys, so sad when they were eliminated.
This life is priceless, and I love that you are honest about it. All the bumps, ups, downs, and downers. Love you dearly!!!!! Europe is going to be SMASHING and you had better drink a cup of tea with your pinky raised. I'll be counting on you... :)
Post a Comment