
So, tonight I was running a couple of errands and I turned on the radio and heard "You've Got It All" by that great band of the late 80s, The Jets. I haven't heard that song since I was about 15. I'm sure I danced to it a time or two at stake dances. I loved, loved, loved The Jets. I used to watch "Nick Rocks" on Nickeloden every week because they usually had a song or two in the top 5. I liked them because they were members of the church.
I even used one of their songs when I tried out for a school talent show when I was in 5th grade. I put on my American flag styled Mary Lou Retton leotard which by that point was 2 sizes too small- I got it when I was 8 and this was 3 years later- and did what I thought was a nifty gymnastic routine to "I've Got A Crush On You", another of The Jets' finer songs. Of course, the routine actually consisted of me doing not much more than a bunch of cartwheels and flipping my arms around on a wrestling mat.
3 comments:
So, did you make it into the talent show?
No. That's the really sad part. I was crushed and haven't tried out for a talent show since then.
I am laughing just thinking about this. The picture of you, with your cool feathered hair, dancing around on stage, is almost too much to handle.
Post a Comment