
This is a picture of my friend Mark. He and I met at Utah State. He now works for a consultant planning firm in SLC and since I am the city planner for Nibley and am in need of consultant planning services, he is going to help me out. So, we have been exchanging work emails and he said "So, what is with no blog updates?" And I realized I really haven't done much super lately, other than tell my nifty Italian immigrant story. So, this blog entry is dedicated to Mark.
The other day, I sat through what I honestly think is the most boring presentation that has ever been given in the history of all mankind, across all ages, through all generations of time. I had been at a conference on water issues, which in and of itself was not too bad, but towards the end of the day, people starting throwing around phrases like Benthic Microinvertebrates (translation: bugs) and how they were affecting water and then they were talking about Diurnal DO Excessances (translation: I have no idea). You should see my doodle pages from those presentations- I made some really neat versions of the alphabet, wrote my name a few times and drew a whole lot of 3-d images (boxes, circles, hearts). Plus, I got really good at writing old fashioned looking scrolls. Have you ever been in something that was so boring you were thinking of ways to stir up some entertainment along the likes of pulling arm hairs or eyebrows out? That's about what it was like.
I have been thinking lately of taking a couple days vacation and going on a "Me" trip. My good friend Jean Marie took one a couple weeks ago- she went to a town where they have Scottish dancing and other similar things and said it was a great thing for her soul. So, I want to do the same thing, and now I just need to figure out where to go- I was thinking maybe Heber City or Midway or somewhere nifty. Any good ideas? I would like it to be kinda close to where I live, within a couple hours or so.
I am also trying to figure out how to build up my social life, because, well, I don't have one. Don't get me wrong, I love living by myself- there is no way I can go back to having roommates. I also don't want to go to a singles' ward. The one here in Millville is all kids who still live at home and, well, I struggle with wards like that. There is a 30+ ward in Logan, but I hear it is kind of like the lost & found of Cache Valley. Cleaning out my shower drain last Friday night made me determined to get people to notice me and invite me to do things.
I get to go to St. George in a couple of weeks for a conference- I am so excited for warm weather! Granted, I will be inside most of the day, but even knowing that it is warm outside will make me happy. I'm mostly excited to wear capris and sandals. I have worn sandals a couple times this week, but my feet suffered as a result of it.
Let's see.....what else interesting can I tell you? Oh yeah- no wait, that's not interesting. I have a friend in D.C. who I email frequently and I have taken to titling my emails with quotes from movies and tv shows. This week's email titles have been:
-"You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesty of Butch Cassidy." -Dwight, The Office
-"The bottom line here is that breathing should not be louder than a rock band. Am I right?" -Zach, Gilmore Girls
4 comments:
you are hillarious S. you should come visit me for a few days. the boys would love it! (the word verification for right now is "poopi." i chuckled)
I liked the breathing quote. Dave is always telling me I breathe too loudly. But, I have a stuffy nose all the time, and my child is cramping my lungs, so I can't really get a good breath. I just can't help it. You could come up and visit me up in Rexburg...
Casper is always beautiful. Okay, maybe thats stretching it. But of course we'd love a visit from Aunt Songsty. That conference sounds horribly boring, but at least its a change of scenery.
I know that you don't want to come to Idaho Falls for a vacation, so I won't even pretend that you do. You could go to Park City or something like that. That could be fun.
Post a Comment