Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Magical Powers

So, today I rediscovered a magical power I have- the ability to help other people find someone to date and/or marry! There have been a few times when people have been friends with me and then decided they liked one of my roommates/friends so they have started hanging around me more frequently and then they started dating- a few have resulted in weddings. Oh, and there was the one time in college when my friend's brother asked me out and then ended up marrying the girl he took out the next- who knew that I was such an unknown matchmaker.

Well, it has happened again- twice today! The first one was a blind date that I went on a few months ago- my home teacher set me up with his nephew, and I found out today he is getting married in 2 weeks....

Oh, and then there's the single dad who moved in my ward a few weeks ago. Ever since he did, loads of people in my ward have been after me to get to know him and date him. Well, he and I just barely got to know each other the other day. Then today, he showed up at church with a girlfriend. I sat by her in RS because she was sitting alone, and apparently they just started dating.

So, there you go- my magical power. If you know anyone who needs to find someone to date or marry, send him my way and he will date/marry someone within a very short period of time after getting to know me.

1 comment:

Chad and Teri said...

Stink! I had such hopes. Okay not really. But that is disappointing.