So, many of you are aware that a few years ago, I had a little experience with misdirection and snow and mountains and whatnot, but I was rescued by a lovely couple names Wes & Mona Udy from Plymouth, UT. Well, tonight, I got a phone call from Mona. She is the YW President in her ward (or at least the person in charge of New Beginnings). She wants me to speak at their New Beginnings in January!
The scripture they are using as the theme for next year is Joshua 1:9
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. "
I need 20-30 minutes of good stuff to tell these young women. Ideas? Suggestions? Words of Wisdom? Should I have a musical number? My brain is already working up things to say but all constructive input would be appreciated.
3 comments:
Being in YW; the girls in our ward like it short and to the point. They zone out after 5 minutes. So good luck!
I think that you should sing at an appropriate point during your talk. Either "Be Still, My Soul" or "Where can I turn for Peace" will go well with that scripture. You are an interesting and animated speaker. I think you will be able to keep their interest, especially if you use lots of stories and try not to sound "preachy." That's really a great opportunity. Good luck!
P.S. Why can I not remember the mountain/snow/rescue adventure?
you are awesome! you are funny, smart, and so talented. I have not advice/suggestions, but I'm sure they will love you!
Post a Comment