Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Day

Okay, back to the business of blogging about life.

Today, I had a day. I started out with a series of weird dreams involving the power to change my clothes just by thinking about it. I could go from casual to glam in mere seconds- appropriate hairstyles came along with the changed clothes.

Because of the dreams, I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all and it took me forever to get anything done this morning- I just couldn't get the lead out! I had a relatively productive morning, a lovely cup of soup and a sandwich for lunch. And then I went to the post office and things went downhill from there...

I went to the post office to mail off packages to my brother and brother-in-law, who are both in Iraq. They are pretty much the best packages I've ever sent- it was fun to go buy the stuff and put them together. But then I got super teary and emotionally choked up while I was sending them off. A tear or two escaped as I was leaving the post office.

And then I was just emotional all day! I was sad, cranky, tired, angsty about boys, moody, all emotions wrapped into one. When I finally left work, I saw a friend at the park, so I pulled over and visited with her and that was good for my heart.

But, in my haste, I complete forgot all about my ward's Chicken & Corn Dinner! I will probably be shunned now, but oh well, my heart needed to go for a walk (so did my thighs and rear).

Then, as I was sitting on the deck watching the sunset, calming down every so slightly, my neighbor came over and relayed the following exchange that happened in her car while they were driving past me as I finished my walk:

Mom beeps the horn
Kids: "Mom, who was that?"
Mom: "Oh, that was Shari."
Milly (2.5 year old): "Mom, I love Shari."

A great end to an angsty day! And now I will go to sleep and try not to dream about magical outfits or mass murders (which is what I dreamed about the night before!).

Cheers!

1 comment:

Sunshine Promises said...

As a busy young mother who feels successful when I get a shower in, I would LOVE to have my clothes/hair/make-up change on a whim! That would be FABULOUS!

Maybe that's what I'll ask for for Christmas ;0)