If you were going to have someone express their particular fancy for you, which of the following situations would you prefer?
A- Say something at the end of a super fun date, slightly putting you on the spot, but that would be abated by the fact that they would probably turn and run away instantly after finishing the last words.
B- Pen some flowery and meaningful words and send you a card- a level up from "Will you be my significant other, check yes or no" but not quite Shakespearean. This gives you time to think about it, meanwhile, the person doing the fancying is sitting at home having panic attacks and ripping tiny hairs out until you answer.
C- "Accidentally" be in the same place as a super bold friend who is likely to blurt out something along the lines of "Why aren't you two dating?". Again, creating an awkward situation (potentially) but at the same time, stirring thoughts in each person's mind.
Like this post's title, this is purely hypothetical. Okay, so maybe it's not, but I am curious what people think.
8 comments:
Well, given that this is a purely hypothetical situation, I feel I can voice my opinion. I really like the passive-aggressive route of the third way, it is truly the most comfortable of the three.
However, since I am not passive-aggressive by nature (or try not to be as much as possible), I am much more experienced with Option #1.
Although you will die of heartache if you get a less than favorable response and it's entirely too uncomfortable to begin with, you will ALWAYS feel better after having cleared the air.
The second is awkward and weird and I would not do that.
#1: definitely the most gutsy
#2: never a good idea
#3: the least awkward choice. Plus then you could say something flirty like, "Yeah, why not?" or something along those lines.
This is tricky because any of the above will scare him off if he's not interested, but would be awesome if he is interested. #3 is definitely the most comfortable in its awkwardness, but the problem is then he doesn't know that is exactly what YOU were thinking. I think I'd probably go with #1. I had a couple guys say to me, "hey, I like you. Are you interested or not?" and it was nice to just be able to say, "no, I'm not" and ending it there. But let me ask Dave what he thinks. He's a boy, maybe it will be different.
definitely not #3. the dynamic could be all messed up with other people around.
ever the passivist agressivist, i'm going to advise you to do what i wouldn't have the guts to do: #1. but don't put him on the spot. whatever you say, don't say it expectantly. but it probably is the most grown up way to do something along these lines.
any updates on this situation?
Yes, Dave. We're going to a concert Friday night. I will likely do something stupid and barf my feelings all over him.
Post a Comment