Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My New Favorite Quote

So, I was looking at various people's profiles on FB today and I came across this quote:

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -Mark Twain

I lurve it! I have found this to be so true- the more of the world I see, the more I want everyone in the world to have the same measure of happiness, health and freedom I have been blessed to enjoy. Plus, it's a great reason for needing to schedule an adventure!

3 comments:

Erin L said...

So, I sorta follow this photography blog called Blue Lily (amazing photos!). They are doing this world tour kinda thing and they wrote the following post and your quote reminded me of it.

http://bluelily.squarespace.com/blue-lily-blog/2011/7/19/open-your-door.html

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Twain is just so snarky.

cecylia.com said...

Great quote! Thank you for sharing, I love travelling too, it's such a great way for us to live our lives in someone else's shoes and to appreicate their culture and lifestyle!
Come follow my blog darling! xx
http://cecylia.com