So, I have decided on the categories for the cd. It has turned into a 2 cd project. I am taking nominations for the categories, which are:
1. Opera
2. Broadway
3. Country
4. Classical
5. Rock
6. Stuff WIthout A Real Category (Josh Groban, etc.)
7. Oldies
8. Blues/Jazz
9. Rap/R&B
10. Punk
11. Pop
12. Alternative
2 comments:
1. Nessum Dorma - definitely
2. Something from Les Mis
3. Definitely include a George Strait song. "I cross my heart" maybe? Tim McGraw and Garth Brooks are also very signiture country as are Trisha Yearwood or Faith Hill's old stuff. But Rascal Flatts is excellent, so I don't know what other song.
4. Vivaldi's "Spring"
5. Weezer's "Only in Dreams" was ranked up with Led Zeppelin for the best rock guitar solo. Its a pretty excellent song.
6. I don't know here....
7-9 Or here...
10. Good Charlotte maybe?
11. This is a hard one. "My heart will go on" was big in its day, but overplayed. Are you looking for hits or what?
12. Ben Folds something. Maybe "Brick" if you want something from Ben Folds Five.
Not specifically hits, just songs that people really like. I think I am going to put either "Do You Hear The People Sing" or "One Day More" from Les Mis. On the country, I want to put a Garth Brooks song- not "The Dance" but something really good- I really like his song "Ireland".
Is Weezer considered rock? I have their song "Always" but I put it under Alternative.
I hadn't thought about Brick, but I do like that song, even if it is about abortion.
Post a Comment