I have decided to put together a cd of the best songs from different genres but am having a bit of a hard time coming up with sufficient categories and what songs to use. I figure I can have about 18 songs, so I am thinking 9 categories- I have 7 so far. Does anyone have ideas for categories/songs? This is waht I have so far:
1. Opera
2. Broadway
3. Country
4. Classical
5. Rock
6. Movies
7. Oldies
4 comments:
Pop
Then there's always like, "fountains of wayne" and "presidents of the United States of America" or "Ben Folds" that don't really fit in any of those categories, but I don't know what you would call them. Plus, there is oldies country and newer pop country. Rap, R&B, though I wouldn't know what "the best" are. There's Josh Groban who is in a category all his own. There are all sorts of genres that I don't even know about.
There's:
1. Alternative
2. Punk
3. Ska
4. Soul
5. The "Il Divo" Style
Ext...ext...ext!
Blues
R&B
Rap is another category but you probably don't want it
You could divide rock into sub categories like, punk, grunge, classic rock, or time periods like 90's rock.
There could also be old country song category
Jazz is probably a pretty good category
Techno
I can't think of much else right now. If I do, I'll let you know.
Post a Comment