I want to be kind to everyone, for that is right you see...
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Soup For One
I enjoy cooking but it is sometimes hard to motivate myself to do. Since I grew up in a large family, everything I know how to make comes in casserole and crock pot size portions. And, some dishes aren't good frozen. So, I have done some research and found some healthy recipes for one or two- I can handle freezing some stuff or eating the same thing two days in a row. One of my favorite dishes is my mom's potato soup. If you have ever had it, you know how tasty it is. I figured out how to make it just for me and tried it out for dinner today. I baked a red potato (I like them better than regular potatos), smushed it up, added about 3/4 cup of milk, some salt & pepper, grated cheese and of course, bacon. I heated that all together over the stove until the potato was nice and mushed up and it thickened up. Let me just tell you it was supa tasty- almost as good as my mom's. It is definitely something I will do again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need some more recipes for small numbers also. We always have way too much leftover.
Post a Comment