Monday, October 29, 2007

Me, Doogie Howser, Back to the Future and A Bunch of Sheep



So, the other day, I was on my way to the doctor in SLC. I left in plenty of time, and got most of the way to Brigham City when I saw a flashing sign that says "Caution: Livestock Ahead". I figured there was a cow or two in the road or something, but when I got closer, this is what I saw. There was about a 1/2 mile or so long line of sheep that apparently were on their way to Brigham. It took 10 minutes to go less than a mile. The sheep all had a green J spraypainted on their rear ends. I must say that I have never been in a traffic jam with sheep before.

I managed to get to the doctor on time. I have to go to the Moran Eye Center at the U of U to see a neuro-opthamologist. I didn't even have to wait for very long to see the doctor. One of her residents came in with her to do part of the exam. I swear the guy couldn't have been more than 23 and he already had his MD degree and was working on his PhD. His name is Dr. Yang, but I like to refer to him as Doogie. I was pretty sure I heard his voice crack a time or two and I wanted to ask if he still sang soprano.

Oh, and then they flashed these lights in my eyes and dilated my eyes. They had to put this head thing on to look into my eyes and, for those of you who are familiar with Back to the Future, when I saw the contraption on the doctor'd head I thought "Do you know what this means? It means that this damn thing doesn't work at all!" That is honestly what it looked like.....

I headed home this weekend. It was fun- I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. with my parents playing Mexican Train Dominoes. Good times! Then on Saturday, I went to Idaho Falls to see my sis Karianne and her family before I headed to Rexburg. Erin and Dave set me up with a guy in their ward. We ate, played games, talked a lot and I consented to watch an eitre episode of The Simpsons, something I have not done ever. It was alright, but I still maintain that show is way overrated. Overall, the night was a definite two thumbs up to cap an otherwise interesting week.

3 comments:

Dave L said...

I can't believe the only thing you had to say from your visit is that the simpsons is overrated. I am so disappointed.

Mark said...

Shari..Shari.. (this is me shaking my head in a sorrowful manner). I am also disappointed. I think the Simpsons is way too underrated . But, I'm glad you had a great weekend anyway.

Anonymous said...

I did have a great weekend and the only reason I think The Simpsons is so overrated is because it has been so hyped up by Simpsonites. I didn't say it wasn't at all funny- I found parts of it mildly amusing. I just don't see why people think it is such a social force. Maybe it's one of those things that gets funnier as you watch more, but I don't know that I want to test that theory!