I have had several things/thoughts happen the last two days that really have nothing to do with each other but that I find remotely interesting in and of themselves.
Every night, the show Scrubs is on tv from 10:00-11:00. Well, apparently at that time, they start playing the "social networking" (phone dating) commercials on the same station. There is this girl who does a commercial for LiveLinks that is so annoying I want to scratch my eyes out. I wish there was some way to play a video of the commercial so you can see how much she bugs. I can understand why she needs to use a phone to get a date.
Then tonight, I had a Planning Commission meeting. The meeting got out early so we were sitting around chatting afterwards and I found out that one of the members of the Commission was an Air Force brat. He and his family lived some of the same places as I did growing up- we even went to the same elementary school! His family left Colorado right before we got there, but had they stayed, he would've been in the 6th grade when I was in 1st grade. It was fun to reminisce about the school and hwo everything was laid out. He also lived at the same Air Force base where I was born- his dad was a C130 pilot like my dad was! Small world fun times...
Oh, and this past week being Thanksgiving and it being a semi-weird experience with some of my Dad's family, I realized that most of what I am thankful for this week revolves around my family:
-I am thankful that my parents have a healthy relationship. There is nothing quite like hearing my dad refer to my mom as "cutie" or talking about how he likes he legs.
-I am thankful my parents taught me and my siblings to be responsible members of society and gave us the basic life skills to function on our own.
-I am thankful to have good relationships with all of my siblings. We have our issues like everyone else, but we can always count on having a great time together and being there for each other in good times and bad.
-I am grateful that I got an education and that I have a job where I actually use it.
1 comment:
i'm glad you like me songsty. i like you too.
Post a Comment