Okay, so have you ever noticed the other people in the grocery store when you go? Last week, I went to the store at 7:30 a.m. There were lots of perfectly coiffed moms of older children and grandmas, plus there was the occasional dad who you could tell had been sent to pick up orange juice or bread before the kids went off to school. The produce was much fresher and it was overall a relaxing experience. Then this week, I went to the store at 9:00 p.m. A good share of people were in their sweats and pajamas, lots of kids were with their parents, not a lot of people were doing their major grocery shopping, not many older people and it was a lot more crowded. I have also noticed that with my particular grocery store (Maceys), Saturday night about 5:00-10:00 is really busy. See, Maceys is closed on Sunday, so everyone has to hurry and get the foodstuffs for Sunday dinner.
Then, have you ever noticed how, no matter how good a movie is, one cheesy line at the end can almost ruin the whole thing? Take the movie "You've Got Mail". Cute movie, love Meg Ryan, love her clothes in the movie, my favorite line in the movie is "152 insights into my soul" (of course, you havve to hear it in the movie). But, after the whole cuteness that is the movie, the very last line almost kills the whole thing. "Don't cry (slight pause for dramatic effect) Shopgirl." Gag! And then, this morning, I was watching the Keira Knightley "Pride & Prejudice". Love that movie as well, especially when she & Darcy are walking across the misty morning meadow towards each other. However, when they are sitting outside Permberly at the end, he says 3 too many "Mrs. Darcy"s for me. The first couple are cute, but after that, it's like "okay, we get the point, you're perfectly happy. just kiss her and roll the credits."
So, what do you think?
4 comments:
i have definitely noticed the grocery store atmosphere. i have learned not to go to the commissary (on base grocery store) on pay day, especially it it is a saturday. you will stand in line for 30 minutes and they can't get in to stock the shelves so some of the stuff is gone. also, earlier in the day, there are a lot of retirees out shopping so it is a much slower pace. but i do get a lot more comments on my cute baby from the old people.
You are so funny I thought the same thing about shopgirl line. As for the grocery store I'm usually in such a mad rush I hardly notice I'm missing a kid till I hear them yelling mom I look around to see who is lost and realize it's my kid.
The Mrs Darcys got a little old for me too.
I must admit I've never been at the store at 7:30 a.m. so I have no idea what the atmosphere is like. But our Wal-Mart is always busy, although lately I've had pretty good luck with the parking spots. I totally agree w/ the movie line thing, as well. But they can't all be perfect like, "You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you." (Sigh) thats very romantic.
Post a Comment