
The city has developed this whole city center/park. The St. George tabernacle is on the square, there's a new library, a water walkway with many river like features and a few other old looking buildings. I couldn't find a really good picture of the whole thing, but really liked the one above.
The dinner was good and the concert entertaining, but then several of us walked around the square for a while. There was a summer street festival going on with all the trimmings- music, plastic lawn chairs, inflatable slides, boondoggles for sale, an assortment of wife beaters.

I love things like this! I don't know how to describe it, but there is something so fun and relaxing about going for a walk on a pleasant summer evening, strolling through the old part of town and taking in some of the scenery. I love the old buildings, quaint stores and fun people that you always see.
That all being said, the conference was okay, but I have decided I love St. George! I could live there, but I would definitely have to live in the old part of town, closer to the town square and the temple. It is growing so much that west of the free way is nothing but a plethora of large homes and outlet stores. East of the freeway it feels more like a normal sized town. I know it gets super hot during the summer, but I think I could manage as long as I had air conditioning everywhere. The town center is awesome, the red dirt everywhere is beautiful and the sunsets over the bluffs are stunning.
I can't find the pictures to do it justice, but it is an incredible town. I definitely want to take time and explore it some day when I am there just for fun.
2 comments:
Sounds like a place I could live.
St. George is one of the greatest places I agree. When I was growing up we would vacation there it was a great getaway from the cold winter. It sounds like it is growing a ton, I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment