Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Awkward Moment

So, I was engaged once, three years ago. I called it off after being engaged for a month. It was hard- I think I made him cry, but I really don't regret it at all. It just wasn't the right time or the right thing to do. We were going to get married today, June 3, 2005 in the Logan Temple.

Okay, so flash forward to today. I started working in the Logan LDS Temple today. I volunteer there two days a week in the morning, the really early morning. I got shown around the temple today and then was helping out with people who were preparing to participate today. At the temple, participants are divided up into sessions and they go on the half hour and on the hour. Well, the group at 10:30 came out of the waiting room, and who should be in the group, but my ex-fiancee! Of all places to see him, I see him on the day we were supposed to get married, on what would have been our third anniversary, in the place we were supposed to get married.

We sort of looked at each other like "um, hi" and I think I gave him a half smile which probably came out looking more like a grimace. But then I got thinking and my mind got racing- does he live in Logan now? Does he go to the Logan temple every June 3 or was it just a random coincidence? You know, things like that.

Anyways, it was one of those really awkward moments that you totally are not expecting, even if was for only a few seconds. Fun times!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness Sheri, that is such an awkward moment. You win the award for most interesting situation of the month. Wow...I have no idea what I would have done in that situation....wow and wow. Thanks for sharing the story. You're great.

Sunshine Promises said...

I ran into my ex-fiance a few weeks ago for the first time in 7 years and it WAS mighty awkward. So I feel for you (though it wasn't at the temple on our former wedding date . . . you take the cake for that detail).