Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Battle Scars

K, so I haven't blogged about anything really exciting going on in my life lately, mostly because I haven't really had anything too exciting happen. I voted as soon as early voting opened up, mostly so I could try and ignore all things political. I didn't do a whole lot for Halloween- I dressed up as a nurse and was cute but mostly just hung out with friends.

So, instead of a what's been going on with me blog, I reached into my handy list of journal/blog ideas, and came up with the following:

Did you ever break a bone or have stitches? Tell about it.

I almost had stitches when I was in about 3rd grade. My friends and I were playing out on the playground at Frontier Elementary School in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I was wearing a pink and grey striped sweatshirt with my name stitched across the chest. At the back of the school yard, there was a fence separating it from the neighboring houses. This particular day, there was a dog playing by the fence, so of course, my friends and I decided the smart thing would be to throw rocks at it. Without looking at her, I told my friend (I think her name was Becky) to toss me a rock. I turned my head right after I told her to toss it to me and it smacked me right under my left eye! I had a big cut that started to bleed pretty badly. The teacher on the playground took me into the nurse and the nurse cleaned me up until my mom could get there to take me to the emergency room. The cut was almost deep enough to need stitches, but instead, they just put butterfly bandages across it and called it good. Even though it has faded, when I don’t have makeup on, you can still see a scar under my left eye.

Oh, and there was another time when I am pretty sure I broke one of my toes because I kicked my sister and hit her knee. You can’t do much for broken toes.

Then when I was in high school, I had surgery to try and repair my droopy eyelid, so I had stitches for that.

There was also the time I jumped between beds in my room and missed and cracked my knee on the bed frame and I have a little scar on my knee from that.

Oh, and the time that someone dropped one of those flourescent light tubes and it shattered right over my head and cut my forehead- that scar has mostly gone away.

Oh, and then another time, I had a muscle biopsy done- they took out a piece of muscle out of my arm. I got those stitches that dissolve- they were inside my arm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not even going to attempt to explain where all my various scars came from, and all the broken bones I've had. But maybe I will because it will be fun and different for me :) Either way I liked reading about yours. You don't strike me as accident prone!

Anonymous said...

you forgot when you had your wisdom teeth out. didn't you get stitches then? i did and we had ours done at the same time.