Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Update of Sorts


Mmmmkay, so I realized I haven't updated on anything of real happenings in a while. To be perfectly honest, there have only been a few real happenings....these are they/them.

-I was playing with my friend Brittany the other night and we went to see a boy named Riley. We hung out at his place for a while- he studied, I sat on the floor, and I'm pretty sure Brittany fell asleep on the bed. The point of all this being that it kind of felt like I was in college again. Oh, and I realized how gross boys' apartments usually are- seriously, would it kill you to take a vaccuum to the floor and wipe off the counters?

-I got a new calling at church. I'm the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. I will be over the quarterly activities, the Primary sacrament program, the Sunbeams and the music. It's a little overwhelming, but I have loads of practice with neices and nephews, so it's all good. I figured out really quickly that wearing knee-length stuff while sitting on short chairs and wrangling 3-4 year olds is not a good thing, so my wardrobe will be increasing in length very soon. I get to/have to do sharing time for the first time on Sunday. I think we are going to sing a song about children all over the world and learn how to say a couple phrases in different languages.

-I had a grand adventure with my cousin Emily last weekend. We decided we needed an adventure, so I met her in Provo, UT and we went to Spanish Fork the next morning to the Sri Sri Hare Krishna Temple. They do free yoga classes three times a week and you can also tour the grounds. The building was beautiful and peaceful, and the yoga relaxing (although, I have never been so sore in my entire life- I was hurting in places I didn't know exist!). Our yogi can do some interesting things with his body, such as sit cross-legged and put his elbows at an angle on the floor and lift himself up on his hands- it's weird to explain. We even got to do some chants/meditations with them- our yogi sang and had a beautiful voice, even if the repetition of it got a little old afterwards. I learned alot about the Hindy religion and realized they have quite a few things in common with what I believe.

Thanks Emsy for the hospitality and for the adventure photos! Enjoy everyone-




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Being in college is fun, remember? And Riley is even more fun! And I did not sleep. I would have missed all the excitement... of you and Riley... studying... for his... econ test... ?