Monday, November 24, 2008

My Little Trip



So, I had to go to St. George for work last week. I talked my mom into going with me so I didn't have to drive by myself (thanks Mom!). The conference was okay, I missed the last day because I was really sick, but we had a good time playing and touring St. George. We took a lovely tour of the St. George tabernacle- lots of really neat history there. The staircases are cool and self-supporting.

We walked around the old part of St. George- so many cool stores and neat water featuers, etc. We were going to tour the Brigham Young house but it was closed for the day and I ended up sick the next day...sad times. I found my friend's father's dental office and took a picture of myself sitting on the front porch and by the sign, but the picture by the sign makes me look uggo, I think, so I am not going to post it.

The sun was setting when we got to the temple/visitor's center, so it was really pretty. But, by that time, I was really sick, so we just saw a little of it and then went back to the hotel and watched "The Italian Job" and "Scrubs". I was so glad to have Mom with me- even if we just laid around our hotel, it was nice to have someone there for when I don't feel good.

The drive back was uneventful but wonderful, except for our toasted buns from our Sonic hamburger were burnt, not toasted.

I love, love, love St. George! I think I could live there, but only in the old part of town and only if I had air conditioning in everytying.

7 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

I've come to the conclusion that your two favorite words are "So" and "K" (can be substituted with "Okay"). You start nearly every blog with one of those words.

What do I love about that? It reminds me of talking with you one on one. You talk how you write and write how you talk. And THAT is a good thing.

I love and miss you, Shar!

Jennifer said...

Too bad you got sick :( that is definately no fun. Other than that it looks and sounds like it was a fun trip. By the way I read a great article in the Ensign today:D.

Shari Baker said...

Hey Shari, I'm not sure that you remember me, but I was good friends with Dawna Rasmussen in High School, my name is Shari also. I came across your blog though Lori's blog. I just read your article in December's Ensign and wanted to thank you for your thoughts and testimony. Thanks for being you.

Anonymous said...

St. George how fun. Sorry you got sick. I love your picture and article in the ensign. What a strong testimony you have. J.D. is always saying you should be a writer. Outstanding job.

Courtney said...

Shari - did you live in Dorm 3 at Ricks in 1995-96? I am almost positive we lived 2 doors away from each other - I became good friends with Amanda (which is where I tagged to your blog from hers).

Courtney (formerly known as Hill -- from Minnesota!)

By the way -- I was touched by your article in the most recent Ensign. Thank you for opening your heart and allowing others in!

Theurer Clan said...

What a fun trip. Way to get sick. What a bummer! I love St. George too. Trust me. If you do ever move there you will have a frequent visitor in the winter. Especially if we stay in this freezing, wind-blown Idaho!

Paul said...

I was so impressed by your Ensign article that I had to look you up on the Internet [These days, nobody can hide!] and thank you for the inspiring thoughts. I have a daughter-in-law with severe medical issues, and will share the article with her. Please know that you have been, and will continue to be, an influence for good in many lives.