Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Speaking Engagement

So, I was making dinner tonight (Mexican Chicken Casserole, which was tasty, thanks for asking) and my phone rang. Well, I did not answer it because I had onion, nacho cheese doritos and all sorts of ingredients all over my hands. But, I mildly digress. When I returned the call, it was to a woman named Robinette. I used to work for her father Brent at a law firm and he is now in the temple presidency and I happened to meet Robinette one day at the temple. Well, Robinette is the stake Relief Society president in her stake in Hyde Park (just north of Logan). They are having a women's conference next month- one of those all day Saturday things. Robinette asked me if I would be the keynote speaker! They want me to center my speech/talk/comments/whatever you call one of those things, which by the way, will need to be 25-30 minutes on the theme "A Perfect Brighness of Hope".

I'm kind of excited but kind of nervous. Flattered but intimidated all the same. So, if any of you would like to come, I'm sure you would be welcome to attend. I'm not sure exactly what building it will be at in Hyde Park, but it will be on Saturday, February 21st at 9:00 a.m.

Who would've ever thought that I would be the keynote speaker at anything!?!?!

6 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

I am SO PROUD of you, girl! You are amazing! You will do a FABULOUS job as the keynote speaker and will be lead by the Spirit to say what you need to say to touch many hearts. What an honor and tribute to your life. I am proud to call you my friend.

Anonymous said...

That is so neat. You will do an AMAZING job. Wish I could come.

Kelli said...

That is so awesome for you! I'm going to put it on my calender and see what I can do to get there!

Amy Hunter said...

Hey there! I'm sooo glad you "blogstalked" me! That's hilarious! How are you doing??? We are in good old happy valley Provo. Can I add your blog to my blogstalking list?!?! I would LOVE to catch up with you! Congratulations on the speaking assignment. I wish I could hear you!

Theurer Clan said...

Oh I wish I still lived in Cache Valley and could come hear you! Good luck my dear, as if you'll need it! Future General R.S. President here we come! Ensign, now this, whew, you're the woman!

Debbie said...

They picked the absolutely perfect person for the job, I'm sure. I wish I could come, though you should be glad I can't. We both know I'd probably make faces at you from the back row.