So, this is a brief rundown of my super fun holidays...
With the nasty weather that was coming in to the area, I decided to take off and go home a couple of days early and I am so glad I did! Up at Mom & Dad's, it started snowing Sunday night and by Tuesday morning, there were many inches! Dad & I shoveled, shoveled and shoveled a litl more. We all got to go to dinner for Mom's 60th birthday on the 23rd- all of the kids were in town except for Teri. It was great fun! We even managed to embarrass Mom and get most of the restaurant to sing Happy Birthday. Good times!
Christmas itself was grand- Santa was very good to me this year. I got a bike trainer (you hook up your bike to it so you can ride indoors), a new digital camera, a fun little omlette maker, some cannisters (flour, sugar, etc.) and a few other fun things. I especially love the Milka (my favorite chocolate ever!). It makes me happy.
More bad weather was coming in over last weekend, so I came back early as well- it's been hard to go back to work and do "real life" after having loads of fun with the family.
New Year's Eve was fun. I went to Salt Lake and went out with Mark. We were going to go eat and go to a movie and then hang out with his brother and his family for a bit, but we ended up just going to his brother Matt's house. It was good times- we played with Matt and his wife Kimberly and their kids Emily, Connor, Abbey, Sam & Luke. Oh, and his sister Amy was there as well. The highlight of the evening was Sam- he is 4 (I think). Sam & I had the following conversation:
Sam- You just have one eye!
Me- I have two eyes- I just have one that doesn't like opening very much.
Sam- You look like a pirate!
I'm sure Kimberly wanted to find the closest large rock and crawl under it, but it was funny. Oh, and Sam also helped me learn that no matter how hard you try, it is hard to hide a grimace when you get kicked full force in the chest. He is a funny kid. It was a great fun night!
It's back to work like normal tomorrow- now on to January and Frbruary and their politically correct holidays! Good times-
2 comments:
Fun holiday times! We have many things to talk about, friend. I suppose I shall see you at the Village Inn festivities. I'm glad you had fun despite all the wicked snow trying to keep you.
Thanks for commenting on my blog! And for caring about my crazy life.
Post a Comment