So, one of my favorite cds to listen to on Sunday is the Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet. I heart it very much- it's a little bluegrass, a little country, a little something else. If you haven't ever listened to it, you should. You will also like it a whole lot.
Anyways, the Nashville Tribute Band was in Logan for a concert last week- they performed selections from the Joseph cd and also from Trek: A Nashville Tribute to the Pioneers (I also have this cd and enjoy it very much- just haven't listened to it as much as Joseph). I really wanted to go, but didn't want to go by myself. Then I remembered that there is a family in my ward, the Waldrons, who are really good friends with the band, so I called them and went out to the concert with them. When we got there, we didn't have to wait in line to get seats- we were important like that. We went around back to the stage and then got seats down front.
The concert was awesome! You should check out the band here. Dan, the piano player, was the piano player for Diamond Rio- they sing one of my favorite songs ever, maybe even 2 or 3 of them. Jason, the lead singer, wrote most of the songs on their two tribute cds and is insanely talented. Roger plays guitar and banjo and has written songs for SheDaisy and a bunch of other country artists. Tony plays the drums barefoot- he sits on this box thing and rubs his foot up and down and beats on it to make different tones- seriously cool!
But, the highlight of the concert was definitely having Due West play with the band! Due West is 3 LDS guys- Tim Gates, Brad Hull and Matt Lopez. I cannot begin to say how insanely good these guys are! They are incredible guitar players, Tim's vocals are incredible (he looks like a cross between Billy Ray Cyrus and Keith Urban, with a little John Lennon thrown in for good measure). Their harmonies are so tight. Their first single has hit the radio- it's a super awesome called "I Get That All the Time". You can check it out on their My Space page. So, so, so good!
After the concert, I hung around with the Waldrons, waiting for all the crowds to get their stuff signed and such, then us "important" people got to talk to the band. I went up to Matt and asked if I could just tell him I thought he did an incredible job, even if I didn't have anything for him to sign. He laughed, said of course, he always needed his ego fed, and then we chatted for a couple of minutes about a mutual friend we have.
Oh, and on the way out, I told Brad that he shouldn't wear a hat when he is on stage because he has a cute face and a hat hides it- I think it kind of embarrassed him 'cause his face turned red.
Anywho, if you haven't heard either the Nashville Tribute Band cds or Due West, I highly recommend both of them! Love it!
2 comments:
Shari, you are so fun. I can just see you hob-nobbing it with the rich and famous! Hee hee! How fun! I'll have to check out their music. THanks for the tip!
I will have to look into those Cds. I checked out the links and I LOVED the due west song. That is so awesome that you got to go and see them. Sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment