Monday, March 30, 2009

My New Job

So, I don't actually have a new job. I just have my same job with a different title and a raise.

A while back, I applied for a planner job with Cache County. It would be basically the same as what I do now, just over there and only working 4 days a week (they are on 4-10s). When I applied, I didn't think anything would come of it, but then I got an interview and then a job offer! In all fairness, I figured that I should talk to my current bosses and give them a chance to make a counter-offer.

So, last week, my boss, the mayor and city council all put their heads together and came up with a proposal that would change my job title to Planner (I have been the zoning administrator) and give me a raise that more than compensates for the difference in pay and benefits at the County.

The decision wasn't as easy as I had anticipated. But, when it boiled down to it, there is flexibility and ease in my schedule right now that allows me to do some things (work at the temple, volunteer with the court) that I would not be able to do if I switched jobs. And I really like doing those things.

I feel really blessed to have been able to decide between two offers. I know that a lot of people are struggling right now with job situations, so I don't mean to brag or sound arrogant about it. But I am really excited for the permanancy I've got with my job now and for the vote of confidence this has given me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that you're rolling in the 'dough', you can come see us! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is awesome.

Amy Hunter said...

Whooo hoooo! Yipee!!!! You are awesome and you do deserve it!

Jean Bean said...

Well, fantastic!! Congratulations!! You are worth a raise and then some! Love you.