
So, I just finished reading the most enchanting, fun, spirited, touching, funny book! It's called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Anne Burrows. I had originally purchased it to read on the beach when Heather and I go to Oregon over Labor Day weekend. But then my ward decided to read it for book club in September (before I leave), so being one who loves books so very much, I decided it would be easy to get another beach book, and I read it this week.
Oh my stars, it is SO good! I found myself laughing out loud more than once, creating images in my mind of what the characters look like, and putting myself in the story. I was so engaged in the story, seldom have I ever connected to a book like this. I found a fictitious/literary counterpart in Juliet, the main character. There is much I have in common in terms of personality, opinions on things and relationships with others. I have my own Sidney.
I highly recommend it- you will enjoy it most wholeheartedly. And I am willing to take any suggestions for my new beach book!
4 comments:
I've had the book sitting on my coffee table for the past four months and I haven't opened it yet. Everyone I know who has read it, love, loves it. Thanks for motivating me to crack it open. I love you hair in that picture too.
ah, I think you should let your sister Erin borrow it, and then maybe she could let me borrow it. :) Brilliant, aren't I?
Oh man, I am getting more and more excited to read this!!!
I am so glad I told you to read it. Its so great.
Post a Comment