Shari: Bye Grandma- I'm headed back to Logan.
Grandma: Oh, you're headed home?
Shari: Yeah- I need to get home before dark and I want to stop and see some friends in Preston.
Grandma: I wish I had a home to go to. (sidebar: this is a perpetual complaint/argument/discussion with her. She feels she is homeless since she can't live on her own.)
Shari: You do have a home Grandma. Home is where you hang your hat and right now, your hat is hung here. When you go to Joanie's, your hat will be hung there.
Grandma: I don't have a hat to hang.
Shari: Grandma, I will buy you a hat.
So, Grandma's 90th birthday was last Saturday. She is gone from Mom & Dad's and at Joanie's house for a the next couple of months. I had been in SLC all day, so I stopped by the open house that Joanie had for Grandma. But first, I stopped by Target and picked up the first hat I really saw when I got to the hat section.
Before I reveal the picture, I should tell you that it was a resounding success! Grandma liked it and laughed, as did many others who were in attendence.
So, I present to you, my 90-year old Grandma Phippen and her new awesome hat.........
4 comments:
LOVE IT!!! What a sweet picture!
Awesome. I love it.
that is really darling and thoughtful. Good job shari. by the way i still want to see letters to juliet. have you seen it. do you wanna have a girls night out? i'd love it.
Thanks Shari.
What your friends here don't know is that our Grandma doesn't laugh very often and has lived a life in which there is very little to laugh at. You did a good thing. A very good thing.
Post a Comment