Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Fun-Filled Saturday

I had a fun day yesterday and thought I would share a couple of highlights. On the 3rd Saturday of every month, my ward RS gets together for "Lunch Bunch". They get a group of sisters together at a restaurant here in Logan and just visit- husbands and children are left at home. I haven't ever gone to it, so I thought I would go yesterday- it was at Chilis. Now granted, I had just been there for dinner on Wednesday, but this was 3 days later and there were loads of tasty looking things on the menu. Anyways, about 10 sisters came and we had a great time! I really like how my ward makes an effort to do things for the sisters that have nothing to do with church- just casual get togethers, sometimes involving crafts, other times, just food. It was great- plus, the chicken club tacos I got were TDF. So, tasty!

After that, I went and worked at the baptistry at the Logan Temple for the afternoon. The sister-in-law of my visiting teaching companion needed someone to sub for her so she could help her parents move. It was fun- if you can use that word to describe working at the temple. It was such a peaceful way to spend the afternoon, instead of at home cleaning or wasting the day. I am going to look into doing it more often.

Church was good today, as always. I definitely do not like sitting in the back though- I never pay attention as much and today, spent most of the time getting my glasses pulled off of my face by the little girl sitting in front of me.

Now that I am home and it's only 12:30, I think I am goign to return to the great tradition of the Sunday afternoon nap!

No comments: