
"When you get to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
Have you ever taken a look at your life and thought "What the heck am I doing here?". Whether in a relationship, with a job, where you're living, where you are putting your priorities, whatever- have you ever taken time to take stock of your life?
I have written before about being disenchanted, but lately, I have been taking serious stock of my life- looking at where I am and where I want to be and what I am doing to be there. And realizing that in my professional life, I am in a job where I have no room for advancement and where I am treated like a glorified secretary- neither of which were reasons I went into debt in college.
In many respects, I really like my life and don't want to sounds like a grumpy Gus. I love my little apartment (especially since I rearranged it this past week), I have great neighbors who are good to include me in a lot of things, I love my car, I have a job in a time when a lot of people don't, I have a family who are all amazing and I have a testimony of the gospel.
I just really feel like I am not where I am going to end up. And maybe it's just my Air Force brat upbringing where I feel like I need to move every 3 or 4 years or so and I'm at 3 1/2 since I moved back to Logan.
And then I went and saw Tangled yesterday. It was great! I might have to see it again and again and buy it instantly when it comes out on dvd. And I will be buying the soundtrack by the end of the week. And I'm not gonna say that I don't now have a slightly large-ish crush on Zachary Levi because he does his own singing in the movie.
The thing I loved about it is Rapunzel's adventurous spirit. She knows something is out there and then one day she just does it! I love the song "I See The Light", especially the first part where it says:
Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
Standing here, it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
I know this is a love song, but I think it is also about figuring out where it is you are supposed to be in life.
So, I think I am going to make it my goal to be somewhere different by the end of the year. I have looked at a few jobs and am looking at more.
I should probably make more resolutions and probably will. What are your goals for 2011?
1 comment:
I hope this resolution brings you closer to us. Although, it would have to be really close to make much of a difference. NY? Boston? Montreal? Good luck!
Post a Comment