My heart hurts today. I have been friends with Amanda since our freshman year in college. She is a kindred spirit, the likes of which I haven't known in but a few friends.
Last night, Amanda and her family's sweet little 20-month old boy passed away in his sleep. This is the saddest I have been in a really long time.
It has made me think about the eternal nature of families and has made me a little more grateful for them and for the time we are each blessed to have with them- whether it be 2 minutes, 2 months, or 2 years.
It doesn't seem fair, but I know that God is a just, merciful and kind God. The only explanation I can find is that He needed one more sweet angel in heaven to participate in the great work of love and kindess that goes on there.
Please hold your babies a little closer tonight! Be a little more patient, a little more kind, a little more grateful for God's precious gift to you!
2 comments:
Without a hole, we couldn't be made whole. And to be filled with what he offers heals wounds, binds hearts, and make EVERY blessing possible. My love with you and them.
*hugs*
Post a Comment