My holidays were only semi-restful. Everyone in my Mom & Dad's house decided to come down with some sort of the flu, so I spent a good portion of the few days I was home playing Florence Nightengale. Christmas night was spent doing my own little version of rounds. I would go from cleaning the upstairs to checking on Mom (sick as she was) as she worked on her talk and RS lesson she was supposed to give the next day, to Dad who was doing the same thing, to Heather and Cindy who were downstairs watching movies and trying not to throw up, back to cleaning the upstairs, etc. As it turned out, Mom was too sick for church on Sunday, so I ended up teaching her RS lesson for her- i didn't do nearly as well as Mom would have, but no one threw rotten fruit at me, so I consider it a success.
I decided during the week to rearrange my house, which consisted of taking everything in one bedroom and moving it into the other room and vice versa. Except for the beds- that was a bit of a chore. But, I wanted to do it right then and the people who live upstairs from me weren't home and being a bear of the stubborn sorts, I managed to do it myself. I even didn't break any fingers or gauge any of the walls (which is a small miracle).
New Year's Eve I spent with my married neighbors and their children. It was a grand time- a little Michael Jackson, the Experience, a little Just Dance 2, a little of great snacks- all good times.
Then I started out this year by taking myself to see Tangled- if you haven't seen it, do it right now! It is super cute- I won't lie and say I didn't get teary in a couple of spots, but that might just be my emotional state as of late.
Overall though- the week was pretty grand! I would have loved to spend more time at home with my fam, of course, but I am glad that I live close enough to be able to spend itme with them!
Hope your holidays were grand!
No comments:
Post a Comment