Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Private Eye


So, I have always had a knack for finding things out. I can sleuth with the best of them. Just give me some nugget of information for which you are looking or a question to which you seek the answer, and I will find it. I've had a couple people tell me I should be a private investigator or detective. I also think I am really good at reading people. I can watch someone for a little while and tell you lots of things about them without ever actually speaking to them. Don't worry- I don't analyze everyone I meet. It's just a fun game I play sometimes.

I used the latter of these two skills to great success the other day. A young man came into work to pay a speeding ticket. He was talking to the court clerk about the ticket and I was in the office taking care of some copying or something like that and I surmised the following:

Faint air of cologne + late 90s model car+ mild attempt at flirting + his comment about maybe he needed a different girl in the car with him (I don't remember why he said this, it had something to do with the ticket) = my guess that he is 23 years old.

The court clerk had his ticket. His date of birth? 4/21/87!

I am good.

1 comment:

Erin L said...

Dude, you are like shawn spencer. you should open up your own psychic detective agency.