So, when I was a little girl, my dad used to say that his favorite song was "Joy to the World" by a band called Three Dog Night. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with this classic song, it is full of poetic meaningful lyrics like "Jeremiah was a bullfrog, He was a good friend of mine, I never understood a single word he said, So I helped him drink his wine..." Pure singing, I know.
Anyways, I went to a conference this past week for work and the last night there was a nice dinner/concert. The dinner was okay, but then the concert was none other than Three Dog Night. These guys have been singing so long that I'm sure some of them had to use Polident on their dentures before they came on stage. They sure could rock though- one thing that was pretty funny was when they were singing a song called "Mama Told Me Not To Come"- apparently someone told them once it was the predecessor for rap, so the guy who was singing the song put on some gold chains, put a hat on sideways, donned some shades and rapped the song. I'm not sure if I was more disturbed by the fact that a 60 year old was rapping or that people in the audience were applauding as much as they were.
All in all, the conference was pretty good. I learned a lot and made some good contacts. I found out that I am/was one of the two top finalists for a job I interviewed for last week. I have no idea what I will do if I get offered the job, but it still is good to know that I am that highly thought of.
2 comments:
I didn't even know you went to a conference. Sounds fun! Call me.
How fun. Did they sing the famous "joy to the world?" I was singing it as I read the words you posted. Dad makes me laugh.
Post a Comment