Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Seriously Un-Laborious Labor Day Filled With Singing Teenagers


I hadn't been home to good ol' Chubbuck since I moved down to Logan full-time, almost 2 months, so I decided to take advantage of the long weekend and do something fun with the family. My little sis' Erin and her husband Dave and their cherub Ana decided to come down and grace us with their presence. We planned to go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair, go see Harry Potter, and have an all around grand time. Well....turns out the weekend was grand, but consisted of none of the above. We played some Yahtzee, played bowling (is that possible?) and other fun sports on Wii, watched High School Musical 2 (more comments on that later), did an ever so small amount of shopping, and that's about it. But I have decided that always having some grand laid out plans is highly overrated. It was still fun and always good to crash at home, but I wish my parents had central air in their house. I didn't think it was possible to sweat that much while doing absolutely nothing!

Now, on to my thoughts on High School Musical 2. I really enjoyed the first one, I admit. It was cute, the songs and dancing were fun and I thought it was Grease, only clean and nobody changes their morals to be accepted. Highly uplifting. Anyways, I guess I was expecting the same from this one. There were lots of good things about it- the final "We Go Together"-esque song was good and I liked how Ryan was a baseball player and no quite so girly in this one. But, my biggest beef with the two main characters- Troy and Gabrielle. I realize that they are hooked up in real life, but I thought that they were going to drop down and just make out ferociously for about half the movie. They just really bugged me with how schmoopy they were. I definitely liked the first one way, way better.

2 comments:

Erin L said...

Okay, so I admit the leads were a little, shall we say, hormonal throughout the show, but I still liked it.

Erin L said...

Oh, and in your archive, the title for this post says, "...filled with sin..." funny