Even though I cry about the same as most people, maybe more, I usually never cry over music for no apparent reason. Then I heard this song, it's "Nessun Dorma" by Pavarotti...I first heard it in my freshman Music & the Humanities class at Ricks. There have been multiple times when I have turned it on, laid on the floor and just cried and let the stress/frustration drain out of me. It kind of made me sad when he died the other day because his voice is so amazing. Few people can sing like this!
These are the lyrics translated into English:
None must sleep! None must sleep!
And you, too, Princess,in your cold room,
gaze at the stars which tremble with love and hope!
But my mystery is locked within me,no-one shall know my name!
No, no, I shall say it as my mouth meets yours when the dawn is breaking!
And my kiss will break the silence which makes you mine!
(No-one shall know his name,and we, alas, shall die!)
Vanish, o night! Fade, stars!
At dawn I shall win!
Another song I heart is this song. It's on his cd "The Essential Joshua Bell". I am assuming that the Japanese characters are the words, which it turns out are very tragic (the song is about a girl who will throw herself in a river if she can't be with the boy she loves). I absolutely love this song too, although not quite as much as the first one.
1 comment:
I've never heard this song before, but I like it so much that I am going to download it right now from Itunes.
Post a Comment