What's the 11th item on your bucket list?
I haven't actually written down my bucket list- I should do that. In fact, I'll do that right now. Here's my bucket list, including some I've already done but would have been on my bucket list, had I written it down before I actually did these things. (I reserve the right to add to this at any given point). In no particular order...
-Kiss under a waterfall
-Spend the night in a cottage in the Irish countryside
-See a baseball game at Yankee Stadium
-See a show on Broadway
-Read Gone with the Wind
-Read Les Miserables
-Learn to draw
-Climb a mountain
-Ride on a ferry boat
-Go to Europe
-Live in another country
-Stand in the ocean
-Sleep on the beach in a hammock
-Learn to play the piano
-Be in a community play
-Serve Thanksgiving dinner at a soup kitchen
-Learn to move pipe
-Make my own kite and get it to fly
-Cook the perfect piece of bacon
-Prepare an elegant, multi-course meal
Okay, 20 is good for a bit. So, that means #11 is "Live in another country"
Having spent time living in Croatia gave me a great appreciation for what I have here in the USA, but it also gave me a desire to learn so much more of other cultures and ways of life. The time I spent in Croatia was as a missionary, which is a whole different way of living. So, I want to spend time as a "normal" person doing day to day things, going about to the market and work and school, things like that.
Ideally, I'd love to live outside the USA for 6 months to two years, longer if possible. Once upon a time, I even took the Foreign Service Exam thinking that's where life would take me, but given that I never saw the test results, it never went anywhere.
I am a fan of other places. I am a fan of other people. I am a fan of other kinds of food (except shrimp- shrimp is of the devil as far as I'm concerned). I am a fan of experiencing life outside what you know. So, that is why living in another country is on my bucket list.
What's #11 for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment