I am a creative person. I am not a great artist, but my heart is in the creative process. Writing, dreaming, building, making- all of those things help with my anxiety, which, for a variety of reasons, has been on overload the past few weeks.
So, I decided I'm going to try writing something every day. Then today, I found this which gives you 365 days of writing prompts. I'm hopeful that I can keep up with this- my heart needs to be more creative this year.
January 1:
Stroke of Midnight- Where were you when 2013 turned into 2014? Is that where you'd wanted to be?
I was in Newton, Utah. I was with friends and their family. We were listening to a band composed of high school seniors/college freshmen, one of whom I think looks mildly like Orlando Bloom. After midnight, we'd listen to a song by another person that sounded like it could be the theme song for the zombie apocalypse (lyrics: "...can you spare some brains?"). I was sitting in the corner of the room where the music was being played, my head was leaning against a guitar case. We didn't have a tv on, so who knows if it was actually midnight, but someone's phone said so, so that was good enough for us. There was much mirth and merriment when we decided it was midnight. And then there were snacks. And I had a unique opportunity to give advice to someone who was in need of a listening ear.
Is it where I wanted to be? Hmmm....yes. Any time that I am with good friends and good people and we are eating food and having fun, that is where I want to be.
January 2:
Resolved- Have you ever made a New Year's resolution that you kept?
Sort of, so I guess yes. Last year, I was resolved that I was going to be kinder and less judgmental. I think that I did that, but other people would be a better judge of my success. I worked very hard to focus on the positive, to not criticize unless it was going to be followed up with something praising the person. I know I wasn't perfect at it, but I think I did better than I've done in the past.
You should join me in the writing project!
2 comments:
"Any time that I am with good friends and good people and we are eating food and having fun, that is where I want to be."
I agree!
I like this writing project of yours. Perhaps I will join you in a few months when things settle down a bit.
Post a Comment