Tell about a teacher who had a real impact on your life, for better or worse. How is your life different today because of him or her?
I am fortunate to have had fantastic teachers! The only teachers I had that I would consider bad weren't even bad teachers- they were just exceptionally boring. And then there was my 10th grade English teacher who kicked me out of class twice in one day.
If I were to single out a teacher though, I'd pick Mrs. Emmons, my first grade teacher. Man alive, she made things fun! When it was time to start a unit on a new letter, an inflatable letter would show up at the classroom door. When it was St. Patricks day, we showed up to school that day and found our desks overturned, our books scattered and little green footprints all over the classroom. We could earn ice cream trips with her for doing well on spelling tests. And we read, a lot. Her class is one of the things to which I directly attribute my love of reading. My two favorite children's books- Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and Hailstones and Halibut Bones- are both books I first read in her classroom, in the rainbow reading corner. And my love of reading has shaped my life.
1984- You're locked in a room with your greatest fear. Describe what's in the room.
Nothing. The room would be filled with nothing. My greatest fear is that I will end up alone. I spend a lot of time alone- being single and not having roommates will do that, but I have a great number of wonderful people in my life. I worry that things will happen to my family and friends and that I will end up totally alone, with no one to turn to and nothing to fill the empty spaces in my life. So yeah, the room would be empty.
32 Flavors- vanilla, chocolate or something else entirely?
Something else entirely. I have two favorite flavors of ice cream. And by two, I mean more than two. I love, love Moose Tracks- vanilla ice cream with fudge swirls and peanut butter cups. I love the combination of sweet and salty. My other favorite is True Aggie Night- a recent addition to Aggie ice cream. It is raspberry swirl ice cream with dark chocolate, raspberry flavored hearts. If you want me to be loyal to you forever, buy me the latter. It is the essence of happy, in the form of a delicious dairy based treat.

No comments:
Post a Comment