
So, the other day, I was in Fred Meyer (or whatever it's called now in Logan). I had gone in to make an 8x10 of a picture to give to someone for their birthday. I was wandering around the electronics section and happened to see Season 2 of the Cosby Show on sale (I already have Season 1). See, in my house growing up, there were a few shows we watched every week, almost without fail. On Tuesdays, we usually watched Growing Pains (gotta love Mike Seaver) and Who's The Boss. But, Thursdays were
the nights for television. That was Cosby Show and Family Ties night! ("Sit Ubu sit- good dog!"). Cosby Show, in my mind, is the single greatest television show ever. It found humor in everyday life- nothing foul or inappropriate. They teased each other without ever being disrespectful or demeaning. The parents didn't rip on each other and the husband wasn't a bumbling idiot.
This afternoon, I watched one of my favorite episodes of Cosby. For those of you who will recall, Theo had gotten in the habit of borrowing money from his sisters and not exactly paying them back. So, one weekend when Theo goes to Cockaroach's house to spend the night, the family decides to teach him what life is like in "the real world". Hilarious! Every time I watch an episode, I laugh out loud. I also heartily like one of the earlist episodes when Rudy's pet goldfish Lamont dies and they have a funeral for him.
If you're not in the habit of watching old Cosby Show reruns, I highly suggest them. If you're too young to really remember much of Cosby, I also highly suggest that you become a fan. Television sitcom work at its finest.
No comments:
Post a Comment