Sunday, August 26, 2007

Why Old Women Make Me Laugh...


K- so last night, the neighborhood had a big get together at the Kelley's house (they have this insanely cool backyard). We had a bbq and a guy in the ward played all sorts of music. Then once it got dark, we watched "Night At The Museum". It was really fun. I wore jeans and a t-shirt and my Yankees cap (this is important to the story). My hair was all curly underneath the cap and I looked pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. But, apparently my look didn't win everyone over. See, I spoke today in church, so I made myself slightly more presentable than usual. Then when I was sitting in Relief Society, I heard one of the older ladies in the ward who was sitting behind me say, in a voice that only someone who was deaf could think was quiet, "Well, last night she looked like she had just gotten out of the shower but today when she spoke she looked really pretty" and then she tapped me and said "I was just saying how pretty you look today". So, apparently the baseball cap is a bad fashion thing for old people.

2 comments:

Erin L said...

that is funny! it reminds me of some of the little old ladies in our ward.

Emily said...

Oh that is too funny! Ya, those kind of ladies seem to lack normal social filters--I guess that is why we love them though.