
Let me preface with this: I worked for the AG's office in Salt Lake for just a bit last year. Since I am no longer living down that way, I needed to call and give them my new address so they can send my W-2.
AG Receptionist: Utah Attorney General's Office. How can I help you?
Me: Who do I need to talk to about getting my W-2 sent to me?
AGR: Have you talked to someone about this before?
Me: Um, no. I just don't live down there anymore and have a different address where I need it sent.
AGR: And you haven't gotten it yet?
Me: No- that's why I'm calling so I can make sure it gets to me.
AGR: Don't you just need to call them and talk about it?
Me: Well, I'm not sure who I need to talk to?
AGR: What company did you work for?
Me: Uh- the Utah Attorney General's Office.
Apparently she thought I was calling to complain because I had worked for someone who wouldn't send me a W-2. And here I was thinking the State employed reasonably intelligent people.
2 comments:
I can kind of understand the woman's confusion, since you didn't specify that you worked for their office to begin with, and she probably gets all kinds of crazy phone calls in the course of a day. Still, it is sometimes funny how miscommunications happen.
yeah- that's what i figured. we had a laugh about it afterwards.
Post a Comment