I'm not feeling very good today, but since it's been two weeks since I've posted anything, I will make some sort of attempt to recap my holidays.
I had a fantastic almost two weeks off of work! I went home on Friday the 21st. Whilst I was driving home, my lil' sis Teri had a baby (not in my car, but rather, in the hospital in Casper). Clair Michele was born and she is a beaut! I have decided that if I could have one superpower, I would want to apparate so I could go and see all my new babies whenever I want to.
As is tradition, I went shopping with my Dad on Christmas Eve for one (or two) more presents for Mom- he is so cute to shop with. My mom has this book of scriptures and songs and pictures that tell the Christmas story, so we read and sang our way through that on Christmas Eve and then opened a present (or two). This year, we opened our Wii, which I already knew about- Mom, Dad and I found it at WalMart the Friday before Christmas. It is super fun! I'm getting to be quite the golfer but I still get beat by my neices and nephews at bowling.
Santa was good to me this year- I got a GPS for my car! It is fun, even if I already know 98% of the time where I'm going. My car is a little green triangle on the screen. I also got some other fun things- a couple of sweaters, a brown sweat suit, necklace, warm blankets and then Heather and Cindy got me some movies and nice perfume.
Oh, and how can I forget! My good friend Britta, who lives in Washington D.C., got me Kutztown Orange Soda- prominently featured in my picture on this blog. She packed it in her bags and thankfully, it didn't explode. It is a little heaven on earth to drink. You should all try some.
Most of the holidays were spent watching movies, eating, playing Wii and just hanging out. On Christmas, we went to National Treasure: Book of Secrets. I give it two big thumbs up (not that my thumbs are big, I just really liked the movie). It is one I would go see again in the expensive theater. I just love those movies- they are so fun, even if not remotely realistic. It's fun to imagine. Another movie I really liked was an old Hayley Mills movie The Truth About Spring. I got it for Heather. It is a great show! Hayley Mills is Spring Tyler- she lives on a boat with her dad (who is played by her real-life dad, John Mills) and they are more or less treasure hunters. Then they meet a guy named William Ashton (Fritz from Swiss Family Robinson) and hilarity and good times ensure. It's hard to find- I don't think you can rent it. I bought it from a place called Only Classic Movies. They convert old movies over from vhs to dvd. The quality is great- highly recommended.
I came back down to Logan on New Year's Eve- my aunt Valerie called me 4 times trying to get a hold of me and wanting me to come to their house and meet a guy who is in their ward (Dave is bishop of a singles ward). It was fun, even if the set up part of it left a little to be desired. I think sometimes people think the only qualification to set two people up is that they both are single. The guy was nice and all- he just got a masters in technical writing, but he had a cold and was sniffling the whole night- I wanted to offer to go buy him some medicine or yell at him to blow his nose- and he was acting like a know-it-all when we were playing some of the games. Still, there were other people there and I learned how to play Hand & Foot- a new, fun game. Good food, good times.
I went back up to Pocatello New Year's Day because I had a hair appointment the next day. I got a trim and highlights, so now I'm a natural blonde again.
I also went to a party in SLC with a bunch of friends from Utah State- we get together a couple or so times a year. It is always really fun and we always laugh a lot, even if people are mildly inappropriate with other people's spouses.
I finally went back to work on Jan. 2- I had a bit of a hard time going back- I like the idea of not having to go to work and getting paid for it, but I think eventually I might get bored.
I haven't really thought of any resolutions- not that I don't want to make them, I just haven't sat down and figured out what I want to do this year. I'll let you know when I come up with something.
No comments:
Post a Comment