So, I think at some point or another, I think everyone has made a journal jar (little strips of paper with journal ideas in a jar) or gotten one or skipped an activity where they were supposed to make one. Anyways, today I found a list of journal jar ideas, so I thought that I would use some of them to help me reach the goal of 100 blogs. I won't bore you with all of them, I promise.
#135- Write about a "one on one" experience you had with your father-
When I was little and we lived in Colorado Springs, Dad used to take a class at the Univ. of Denver on Saturdays. He sometimes took one of us older kids with him- I think I was about 7 or 8 this one time when it was my turn. I remember that we woke up that morning and had breakfast together- I have no idea what I ate, but he had a bowl of Raisin Bran. Then we got in his Monte Carlo and drove to Denver at a whopping 50 mph (speed limit at the time). When we got to Denver, I sat outside the classroom and read or colored while Dad was in class. Then after he was done, it was lunch time, so we went to a Wendy's in Denver and I got a sour cream & chive baked potato. Then we drove home. I have no idea what, if anything, we talked about or if I even remember everything exactly how it happened. But, I remember how cool I thought it was that I got to go with Dad and nobody else did.
2 comments:
I am always amazed at the detail with which you remember stories from your youth. I don't remember anything that well, not even more recent events like my wedding or college graduation. It is impressive.
so, you have a goal of 100 posts? Is the goal to just reach that number some day or by a specific day?
Post a Comment