I want to be kind to everyone, for that is right you see...
Thursday, January 24, 2008
An Ode To Hammers And Garages
So, it being winter and me not having a garage, my car has built up large hard blocks of ice and hard stuff built up around the wheel-well. It makes a grating noise and is obnoxious. I have tried kicking it off and pulling it off with my hands, but alas, it is really hard. So, today on my way home, I got the great idea "Hey, I will see if I can beat it off of there with a hammer." I am a genius! A couple of whacks with a good ballpeen (or however you spell it) hammer, and it all came off. But, this reminded me once again of why I want a garage some day- I hate doing stuff like that. I also want a garage so I don't have to start my car to warm up and defrost every morning- doing that the last two weeks is the reason I have only gotten about 16 miles per gallon this tank of gas. Someday I will have a garage, but for now, I have to be content with the dream of one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just want a dishwasher!
Yeah- I don't have one of those either, but since I just have me to do dishes for, it comes second to the garage.
I love having a dishwasher and a garage. I didn't have either at our last place. But, since Will leaves first in the mornings, and a lot of days I don't go anywhere, he gets to park in the garage.
Post a Comment