Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow Day Holiday


So, I have today off of work- one of the perks of working in government is that you get about 11 paid holidays a year. You'd think that I would have slept in, but forgetting until last week that I had today off, I had a chiropractor appointment (he adjusted my neck and let me just say, ow! I thought my head was going to roll off if I moved it just wrong). It took me forever to ge there because it snowed a lot last night and the roads were seriously nasty. But, since I was already out and about, I went to Lowes to get some things. I totally blended in with others in the store- I had a big burly sweatshirt and a beanie on.

I am getting a land line phone tomorrow and needed some things to put the phone jack Speaking of phones, my phone is pink! I was super excited. Now I just need to figure out how to replace the jack that is on the wall and I'm good to go.

Oh, and I was also industrious this morning- I shoveled the driveway! That is kind of exhausting- especially when the snow is wet and heavy.

Oh, and I bought a hot chocolate maker- I have been looking for one forever and finally found it at a little kitchen store in town.

Now I think I am just going to be lazy the rest of the day- I might go for a walk once it stops snowing, the snow is beautiful!

1 comment:

Erin L said...

Wow if that time is correct, you really have been busy. Doing all that before noon. Impressive.