Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fancy Pizza, Fancy People, Fancy Prices


So last night, I went to Park City with Nancy and Mark. Neither Mark or I had ever been to PC when Sundance was in town and we thought it might be supa fun, so we decided to go- then I called Nancy to go with, and it was a good thing because I would have had no idea where to go. Anywho, we got up there and there were loads of people and you have to pay about $15 to park anywhere even close to Main St., so we parked at the stake center. Nancy said "it's not very far"- very far apparently meaning 2.5 miles. But hey, I got a workout right.

So, once the three of us managed to avoid getting hit by cars (no sidewalks for a chunk of our trek) and got to Main St., we saw all sorts of fun things- one couple had their little dog with them, and the dog had on snow boots! It made me wonder, do dog snow boots come in pairs or fours? Then we saw a lady who looked like she had just gotten off of the plane from Russia. She was sort of a stern looking woman with a giant fur coat on and a big Russian-style furry had. Lots of people who you could tell were just cruising for famous people.

We were all hungered, so we found a place called "Main Street Pizza & Noodles". The host was in a suit, which I thought was funny because it was so not a formal eating place. Like everything in Park City, it was a little pricey- they probably raise their prices just for Sundance. Anyways, Mark & I decided to split a pizza, and since we were getting semi-ripped off, we decided to go fancy on the toppings and not just get a normal cheese or pepperoni pizza. We got smoked gouda cheese, sundried tomatoes and canadian bacon. It was surprisingly tasty!

Sadly, we didn't see any famous people- it was only about 6:30 when we were wandering around and I'm sure they were all in movies or getting ready to hit the happening parties.

One thing that floored me was how expensive houses are there. There were a bunch of places for sale, none of them on a lot bigger than about 7,000 square feet, if that, and they were all going for upwards of $$2.5 million dollars! The cheapest one was only $700,000, but that was for a "fixer upper" that was in iffy shape. You have to have seriously large amounts of money to afford to own something up there. Oh, and then there was the house that had the toilet in its front yard, but that one wasn't for sale.

4 comments:

Dave L said...

Sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind doing that once.

Heidi said...

Ha! Welcome to Park City. I have been there a number of times, and have found I really just don't care for it. It was over priced, and the people weren't very nice. I'd opt for pizza and a outing anywhere else. But at least you had the adventure. Good for you.

Karianne said...

I've never been to Park City. And I didn't realize that is where the Sundance FF was held. I learned something new tonight.

Mark said...

Shari--

Those houses we looked at were 700 square feet, not 7,000. A 7,000 square foot house in PC would be about $18 M. Thats a seriously huge house.

Thanks for all the good times!